Your car insurance is supposed to protect you from the possible impact of an accident on your finances and family members. Whether a collision is your fault or someone else’s, your car insurance will protect you from any financial liabilities. The right car insurance coverage will also protect you from other risks, thus providing you with peace of mind.
What Is Car Insurance?
Car insurance is a contract between you and an insurance company where you pay premiums in return for protection from financial liability in case of an accident or theft. Your policy document highlights the compensation and other terms of your contract in case such a risk occurs.
What Does Car Insurance Cover?
Basic car insurance from Epic Insurance, a mandatory requirement for motorists living in Lees Summit MO, covers the following:
- Liability: protection against damages due to third party property damage or bodily injury to other people
- Medical and funeral expenses: costs of drugs, treatment, medical procedures, rehabilitation, and funeral expenses in the case of an accident
- Uninsured motorist coverage: reimbursement in case an uninsured or underinsured driver causes an accident.
Optional Car Insurance Policies Include:
- Collision: compensation for car damage due to collision with an object or other car where you are at fault.
- Comprehensive: coverage against theft and damage due to fires, floods, vandalism, hail, and other hazards
- Glass coverage: offers compensation in case of the windscreen, side and rear windows, and sunroof damage.
You should know that car insurance does not apply to commercial vehicle usages, such as pizza delivery or transportation services like Uber or Lyft. You will need to take out a separate cover for such applications. Epic Insurance offers car insurance for motorists in Lees Summit, MO. Visit their website for more information.