Warmer weather is here, and it’s natural to feel a little bit self-conscious about going to the pool or slipping into a pair of shorts. While vanity is an understandable reason to want to change some of your habits, it’s important to focus on health as the core goal of behavioral change. At Epic Insurance, serving Lees Summit, MO, we care about your health. Follow these tips to stay healthy this summer- and maybe feel a little bit more confident in your swimsuit.
– Get outside in the early morning or evening hours. Beat the heat and stay active by getting active outside before and after the sun is at its worst.
– Hydrate. Go drink a glass of water- now! Repeat every 2-3 hours.
– Get the family involved. Play a quick game of basketball, invite your spouse out for a walk, or simply go to the farmers market together.
– Stay active on vacation. You might not want to hit up a Zumba class while you’re at the beach, but the doesn’t mean you should lay on a towel all day! Toss a baseball with your kids, get out for a walk on the boardwalk, or go for a hike.
– Enjoy local, in-season produce. When fruits and veggies have to travel thousands of miles to get to the grocery store, their nutrient content drops. By eating local, you’re getting foods at the height of freshness.
Of course, an important part of staying healthy is having great insurance coverage. Stop into Epic Insurance, serving Lees Summit, MO, to talk about our health insurance policies for you and your family today.