At Epic Insurance serving Lees Summit, MO, they understand that although you may be a professional, working at home gives you the privilege to dress in jammies and bunny slippers if you choose. Although your dress may be casual, your attitude isn’t, nor should your approach to commercial insurance.
But the conundrum is, if you live and work at home, why would you need commercial insurance?
Unfortunately, your homeowner’s insurance doesn’t cover anything business-related, for example, your home office or office space, important paperwork, samples, inventory, computer equipment, data and more.
The right commercial insurance can cover things like the cost of replacing your lost property. replacing your lost income and the liability for injury to employees and clients.
However, you need an insurance professional to help you find the right insurance for your area and home business.
Here are some questions you should talk over with your insurance agent.
- Is this where your primary business conducted?
- If so, do the clients or customers come visit you at your home to do business? Or is all your business conducted off-site or remotely?
- Are there any employees? Do the employees come to work in your residence, or do you contract with them remotely?
- Are there any business signs displayed?
- Is there a separate entrance and office?
- Or do you meet with someone in your living or dining room?
- How many clients or customers visit the business a week?
- Does the business use any flammable or hazardous materials?
- Is there some kind of construction or small manufacturing done at this location?
- Do you do shipping from this location?
At Epic Insurance serving Lees Summit, MO, they are happy to guide you through the process of choosing the insurance that works best for you and your home business.